Learn more about the system requirements for using the LINEAR solutions.
The requirements below always apply to the latest version of our software.
Supported CAD platforms
As a long-standing Autodesk partner, we support both AutoCAD and Revit natively (without detour via interfaces or export/import). As a third basis we offer the integrated CAD core LINEAR CADinside.
The following AutoCAD and Revit versions are supported:
- Autodesk AutoCAD 2023 to 2020
- Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2023 to 2020
- Autodesk AutoCAD MEP 2023 to 2020
- Autodesk Revit 2023 to 2020
The LINEAR software runs on Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) and Microsoft Windows 11.
The following minimum hardware requirements must be met to ensure smooth operation of the LINEAR software:
- Intel Xeon series, Intel i-series or corresponding AMD processor with SSE2 technology
- Highest possible CPU speed (at least 3.8 GHz) with L3 cache (at least 3 MB) is recommended
- At least 16 GB RAM (recommended for 3D design: at least 32 GB RAM )
- Conventional displays: min. resolution of 1360x768 pixel with True Color, for CAD applications a resolution of 1920x1080 pixel or higher is recommended
- High resolution and 4K displays: Resolutions of up to 3840x2160 pixels on 64-bit systems with Windows 10/11 (with suitable graphics card) are supported
- Dedicated graphics card for 1920x1080 resolution with True Color and DirectX 11 support (DirectX 12 is recommended)
- GPU: at least 4 GB (recommended: 8 GB)
- For screens with high resolution and 4K: Windows graphics card for resolutions up to 3840x2160 pixels
Hard disk space
- Hard disk with at least 10,000 rpm or SSD
- 4 GB for the installation of the LINEAR software (including neutral libraries)
- 1.5 GB for the installation of LINEAR CADinside
- 25 GB for manufacturer libraries