Oventrop is one of the leading European manufacturers of valves and controls for the Building Services Industry. The company is an expert partner to the stockists, consultants, contractors and industry. Oventrop offers its partners a long term beneficial relationship.
Oventrop has a highly skilled, qualified and motivated workforce. Education and advanced training are an important precondition for entrepreneurial success. About 10 % of the workforce are apprentices.
"The company plays an important economic role in the region of their location. Job security for their workforce and protection of the environment are given top priority. Olsberg and Brilon in the ""Hochsauerland"" region are close to the Dortmund/Kassel motorway."
The products are distributed all over the world by subsidiaries and representatives abroad. Subsidiaries for example are in China, France, Great Britain, Italy, Poland, Switzerland, Turkey and USA.
Oventrop products and systems comply with the highest quality standards. The high Oventrop quality is based on a careful production and modern technology. Oventrop was one of the first companies that have been certified according to DIN ISO 9001.
The raw materials are produced in the foundry and pressing plant, then further processing is done by using modern, computer programmed machines. The assembly of the final product is also an automatic process.
Innovation and Design
"Oventrop products lead in design and innovation. Construction and design are worked on in the factory.Moreover, Oventrop works together with leading external designers."
The Oventrop philosophy: To combine valves, controllers and other components for all sectors of the Building Services Industry in an economical, energy-saving and ecological system.
Higher demands are defined by technical progress, the Energy Saving Directive and other legal regulations. Oventrop accepts the new challenge and offers high-quality solutions meeting those requirements.
- 1851 Arnold Oventrop (1820-1871) founds the "Arnold Oventrop & Co. Messing- und Broncewaarenfabrik zu Altena"" (bronze and brass works). From the start, the manufacturing programme is founded on materials containing copper. Brassware, e.g. fittings for furniture, doors and windows are produced.
- 1871 The company is passed on to the sons Friedrich Wilhelm (1847-1935) and Adolf Oventrop (1851-1912)
- 1886-1904 The town of Altena is by now highly industrialised. Employees are hard to find. Therefore Oventrop sets up further production places in the ""Sauerland"" region (amongst others in Iserlohn and Bigge).
- 1922 The son of Friedrich Wilhelm Oventrop, Paul Oventrop (1886-1974) takes over the works in Bigge. (The other works are gradually closed.)
- 1952 The families Fähnrich and Rump become partners of the company. The company is leading in the field of oil products.
- 1973 The first oil crisis means drastic cutbacks after the "Economy Miracle" years.
- 1975 Due to new municipal restructuring, Bigge becomes part of the town of Olsberg. The company's head office is consequently Olsberg.
- 1980 New manufacturing premises are opened in Brilon. Thermostatic and other valves and controls dominate the programme.
- 1990 The reunification of Germany and the opening of borders to the East contributes to the company's strong growth.
- Today Today Altogether the company employs 800 people at their two facilities in Olsberg and Brilon. The company has a varied portfolio of over 4,000 products for heating, sanitary and industrial installations on offer. These products are now sold in most countries throughout the world.